Monday 23 January 2012

One of the reasons for pushing on with skating......

"Be wise with speed;
A fool at forty is a fool indeed." Montaigne.


It seems a lot harder at 40 to pick myself up and dust myself off and start again and maybe foolish to even try but being 42 i consider myself a little wiser than i was at 40....
So in 2008 i broke my leg pretty badly and i thought skating was over for me (for 5 minutes or so) it's taken/taking a long time to get things back to normal again physically and mentally.....aside from the physical aspect of getting my muscles back the fear when i actually did step back on a skateboard was and is hard to ignore. Getting things back that i used to be able to do without a second thought has been my goal so the 42 spots project has taken my mind off the fear a bit and made me go skating more than i have since my break....so on to spot 10 with no fear!! There are also the demon spots i have to go and conquer...Caldicot where i broke my leg, Dagenham where i broke my arm the year before, Worthing skatepark that was below my window at the hospital and Shoreham of course where i spent the last week of 3 weeks in hospital. Shoreham skatepark was just a dream in 2008 but now it's a solid concrete reminder of the miserable hospital i had to plead to leave...can't wait to get up to that pool coping sometime before June to excorcise those demons!

Not the best way to leave a skateparkThis way to the damageThat leg keeps on expandingafter-screwedFreedom after 15 nights and 3 hospitals!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment